Monday, November 12, 2007

Fish Envy

The previous post was intended to go on my Executive Pastor blog, not my personal blog... none-the-less any thoughts are welcomed from the general public.

What I wanted to share here was the depression that befell me Saturday when I put the boat away for the year. I borrowed my father-in-laws boat this summer (but really not until late June) so I fished more than I ever have... it was great, but next year I'll get it in May and really do some damage. It was sad to put it away for the year, even though it is November.

What made it worse is opening the Cambridge Star and seeing a picture of the guy who just caught a 52 pound muskie on Mille Lacs - I literally wanted to throw up I was so jealous! OK, we just covered the 10 commandments in my class on Sunday, but this coveting proved to me that I still fall far short. Should I have coveted that fish? No. Did I? Oh, yeah... big time! My goal for fishing remains to catch a northern or muskie over 40 inches... like Cubs fans always say, "There's always next year!"

No comments: