Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Funnel

Have you ever gone to the Science Museum or somewhere where they have a huge funnel where you drop a coin at the top and it goes around the giant funnel but as gravity sets in it progresses toward the narrow part of the funnel and gets faster and faster until it finally drops through the hole?

This is the new mental picture I have for my life. In my quest for my sweet spot, I'm finding my funnel starting to get faster.... corporate America? church work? teaching? writing? learning? As much as there is going on now, I do believe some of these will be forced to be removed as the funnel speeds up ultimately dropping my focus through the funnel and into the bucket where it belongs. I often wonder if this is a self-created funnel or if this is a God-created funnel for the sake of helping me see where to place my focus.

This is why I need to write a book! I need to document my journey to help others I know are going through this same struggle. I think I need to take a week off, go to a rustic cabin, and start plunking keys.

No comments: