Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bulls-Eye

So, I created a diagram, and have been working on it with my mentor, that shows my life focus as the target (the "bulls-eye") with other elements surrounding that target. I use this depiction to then look at several elements of my life: which are lined up with my bulls-eye and which are pointed in the wrong direction; which are those I am committed to do and which are optional; how is my income allocated among these versus how my time is allocated; which are utilizing my strengths; and what tools do I have in my tool shed. This bulls-eye concept has never been part of the discussion groups I lead at Thrivent, but invariably the idea would come up and several people have asked me about my bulls-eye.

Based on the interest expressed in the group and one-off conversations I have had, it looks like I am going to start a group to help others find their bulls-eye. I don't know what the process will look like, but I anticipate sharing how I went through the process (at times formal; at other times informal) and see where this leads us.

All of this is background to say that I'm still rattling around one response from a friend of mine and trying to determine what it means. This person said they would not want to participate because they are very content with their life and would not want to introduce anything that would cause upheaval. I'm interested in someone being "scared" to find out their sweet spot in life, but I think I get it. I also wonder if that response is simply an indication that the person is already in their sweeat spot - that their life is already operating in their bulls-eye.

Should be interesting if/when it gets off the ground.

No comments: