Sunday, March 2, 2008

Fishing Hunger

The temperatures are now in the 30 degree range, the snow is just starting to melt a little bit, and we are only about 6 weeks from probably ice-out on the lakes. I can almost taste the water, the fish, the line, the worms, the lures, the joy, the sun.... I can almost feel the tug on the line as the largemouth grabs the Rapale or the northern takes the Daredevil. I can; I can almost taste and feel those things. I saw about 2 minutes of a fishing show today and had to turn the channel... I just couldn't continue watching footage of guys bringing in four pound bass.

Last year we used my father-in-laws boat for the entire year; a 16' Lund with just a trolling motor... it was awesome, but we couldn't get too far across a lake with that motor. This year, I have a line on a 6 horse motor which is slightly better and still looking for something a bit bigger - but with no money to spend, it makes it a bit more daunting. This year we will pick up the boat even earlier (as soon as the snow melts) and get it ready for hitting the lakes.

There are very few things I anticipate so much that I just can't wait for. In fact, the list might just be fishing and heaven. OK, perhaps my kids welcome when I get home from work or a trip.

This winter I've run into a number of folks who have said they'd take me out this summer... prepare for me to take you up on that. Jason at Evergreen, you WILL be taking me northern & muskie hunting!

1 comment:

Larry Fredlund said...

Bro.... This blog sounds more like a classified ad, or a personal plea to take you fishing.

Here - paste this into your URL!
http://www.vikingsfleet.com/blue%20marlin.html

Dina and I will be doing this next year...unless we cannot wait to go back!!!! Almost did it this last week, but I wanted to check out guide quality before we went.

Did this though....:-)
http://photos.igougo.com/images/p49910-Mazatlan_Mexico-Parasailing.jpg