Thursday, October 11, 2007

Connections

Do you ever feel like you share in people's experiences? Lately I've felt like I share a lot more in the experiences of friend's experiences more than I ever have. There are situations going on right now with different friends including the deteriorating health of a parent, three different adoption situations, and the stepping out to take a new job in a new city. In each of these cases, I talk to them and just feel the emotion on more than just an, "Oh, I'm sorry" or "How exciting" type of basis. I feel I am sad with them and rejoicing with them. I realize there needs to be boundaries in recognizing that their experience is not my experience, but I love the fact that the connections are there to the point that I am sharing with them - that we are doing life together.

I refer to community a lot in my blogs and daily conversations, but I think this is what true community is... doing life together to the point where one person's experiences, good or bad, are felt (not just recognized) by others.

No comments: