Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Me? a Weird-o?

I've had quite the morning with meetings early morning through early afternoon and just now getting an opportunity to blog something funny that happened to me yesterday that both makes me laugh and become self-conscious.

I was working at the church which means, for Mondays, I have lunch with either my wife or one of my kids. I had lunch with my just-turned 8-year old daughter. When she has a visitor, she gets to sit with that visitor at the "special table" along with one of her friends. She chose a fellow-2nd grader we shall call "CP." We had a fun lunch of laughing and drawing; I wrote their names in shadow letters (which I am quite famous for). As it was winding down I dismissed myself and went back to work.

To be funny, last night I said to my daughter, "Hey, I heard you had lunch today with some weird-o." I fully expected her to say something like, "Daa-aad, I had lunch with you - silly." Wanna know what she immediately responded with? "That's what CP said!". I did not see that coming... I was stunned; my beautiful bride started laughing so hard I thought we'd have to do a urine clean-up on the kitchen floor. I was absolutely blind-sided... I thought I had been quite reserved and well-behaved (relative for me, of course), but apparently not.

I'm still not sure today if I should laugh or cry.... but I guess I am at least consistent because I think that is the perception of me in my other worlds. If nothing else, I have integrity of weird-o-ness.

No comments: