Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Snizzle...

Now that grades are mostly in for my last MBA course, I think it is safe to write about the challenge my classmates gave me and my ability to come through. Last Thursday I was in Pittsburgh but had to do my on-line presentation via the internet. Simultaneously to watching and participating in the presentations, a few of us had an open SKYPE conversation going as well. Right before I did my piece, I was challenged to work in the word "snizzle" into the presentation. I said that I had no idea what that mean and my co-learner said that was the point.

I took the challenge.

About 1/2 way through my part, I said something like, "creating a strategic plan can be done through a leader having a Mount Sinai type of experience where they descend from the mountain and state, here is the plan. However, a leader can create a lot more ownership and snizzle by going through a process involving more people..." Based on the SKYPE conversation that I went back and read when I was done, I think I earned the respect of my colleagues.

Do I have a point with this one? Nah... just enjoy life, take a challenge now and again, and live large with joy. Later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thought you might be interested in what another person's blog defines snizzle as.... I personally have never heard of it before. "Snizzle." That's what quasi-snow is called when it is actually rain or drizzle which freezes before hitting the ground (no joke). Snizzle is different from snow in that it doesn't have the beautiful crystal struckture that snowflakes have because it doesn't form really high up in the atmosphere.