Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tasered

Last night capped off an exhausting stretch starting last Wednesday which included a bunch of work, a trip to Pittsburgh, an MBA project & presentation, church annual meeting / vision night, launch of a 3rd service & new Sunday morning schedule, some difficult meetings, and finally an MBA class (which mercifully only lasted 3 of the planned 4 hours) last night.

Since the class was done early and I was home by 10:00pm, I thought... cool, I can get some more done. As I started pulling out my laptop I got a brutal case of the chills. My teeth were literally chattering - I felt frozen. I've never been tasered, and I'm assuming you don't feel cold, but it felt like I just got zapped; out of the blue. I put my stuff away and started the quest for as many blankets as possible. If I was sick, I didn't want to get my wife sick and my daughter had crawled into bed with her, so I opted for my daughter's bed. This added to my joy: a 5-foot bed with a footboard is not very exciting for a 6-foot guy who likes to stretch out. At any rate, it was a long night of sweating & chills; I was able to sleep in (for me) and feel somewhat OK this morning.

My point? I think our bodies & minds do have limits and when we hit those limits we get tasered to recognize it and slow 'er down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest is a good thing and our body can only take so much before it "crashes." Sad how often we punish our bodies until we are sick. We all need to slow down a bit and enjoy life. JEB