Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The public journey begins

Today I begin publishing thoughts and insights along my life's journey. My world consists of four distinct, yet interwoven parts that require balancing and integration as I walk out my life purpose of living a life having "transformational impact." My world includes 1) my faith as a follower of Christ and an emerging paradigm as to what that means, 2) my relational role as husband, father, family member, and friend, 3) my part-time corporate world of investments and risk management, and 4) my part-time ministry role as Executive Pastor, teacher, and board member.

My ramblings are ultimately intended to discipline myself to reflect on a regular (perhaps daily) basis and provide documentation for my journey allowing me to look back to see how life has unfolded and paradigms have shifted. I also hope the words offer an encouragement, challenge, and insight to those of you taking the time to read it. I welcome any comments and look forward to your reactions to my journey. I desire knowledge and learning as I grow in my understanding of myself, my God, and others who I encounter along my journey.

4 comments:

Larry Fredlund said...

Bro. Good luck on the documentation of your "interesting" life. Perhaps I'll write a mirror-image blog about my daily thoughts about your life. Ha. First comment. - LSF

Crash said...

Whatever happens in your blogspot, I know the Lord will be right there along side you, and will be always loving you for who you are.

newbob said...

This will be the first blog I have used - thanks for initiating further into cyber-world.

You know me - I'm an "input" & "context" guy (strengthfinders), so any input you are willing to share, I will find a context for it [or it might just end up in the recycle bin]. So fire away!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I have never read a blog, but look forward to learning in more ways than one.